Butter Paneer Masala
- 2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions (ground to paste)
- 4 tomatoes (boiled, de-skinned and ground to paste)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 500 gms paneer (cubed)
- 1 tsp dry kasoori methi leaves (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2-3 tbsp Zaiqa Butter Paneer Masala
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup or half tsp sugar
- Salt to taste (approx 1 ½ tsp)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream or malai
Tip – marinate paneer pieces in 2 tbsp Zaiqa Paneer Butter Masala and 1 tsp salt for enhanced flavour. Sauté in a pan for 3-4 mins till done and crisp.
- Heat butter and fry onion paste (or very finely chopped onions) for approx 7 minutes. Add 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add paneer pieces and fry for five minutes on medium heat. Add 4 tomatoes (boiled, de-skinned and ground to paste) or 1 cup tomato puree and sauté for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add 2 -3 tbsp Zaiqa Butter Paneer Masala, 1 tsp kasoori methi leaves, tomato ketchup or sugar, 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp cream and leave on dum (simmer) for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with butter and cream before serving.