- 500 gms meat mince
- 4- 6 tbsp whole wheat flour or maida or cornmeal flour (binding agent)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly cooked/scrambled with 1 tbsp. butter, then cooled
- 2 Tbsp Zaiqa Chapli Kabab Masala
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped & deseeded
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Mix all ingredients then refrigerate the mixture for 30 mins. If you marinate for long, the tomatoes will release water and make the kababs soggy, so they will end up breaking in the oil.
Pan fry them on high for few mins, and then lower flame and cook on sim till done about 7-8 mins.
Traditionally the patty is set over a tomato slice and shallow fried. This technique requires some skill and delicate handling while frying. You can avoid chopped tomatoes in the mixture and follow the above recipe.
Tip – You can even shape the patties and place them on a tray, freeze for 30mins so they firm up. Then proceed to fry them directly from the freezer, this helps maintain their shape or Bake them at 180 degrees.