- 4-5 tbsp cooking oil/butter
- ½ kg chicken
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup curd
- 2 onions (diced and sauted in little butter)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp Zaiqa Do Pyaza Masala
- 2 tsp Almond paste or Cashew
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 4 green chillies (slit)
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add cumin seeds and cook for a minute. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté. After a minute, add the chicken and cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coarsely shopped tomato sauté well. Add yogurt, Zaiqa Do Pyaza Masala and salt to taste. Sauté well for 5-7 mins on low flame after which add slit green chilles.
- When the gravy thickens, add a cup of water. Bring to a boil and turn the flame down. Close the pan and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes or till the chicken becomes tender.
- Add diced onion (slightly sautéed) to the gravy and sprinkle garam masala. Close the lid and cook on low flame for five minutes to let the flavor enhance.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.