Dakhni Dal Gosht (Meat Lentil Gravy)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (coarsely ground)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup of chana dal (soaked for 30 mins)
- 1/2 kg of mutton pcs
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 2 -3tsp Zaiqa Dal Gosht Masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 250 gms bottle gourd pieces (dudhi) (peeled and cut to 1” pieces)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons each of chopped coriander and mint leaves
- In a pressure pan, heat oil and fry chopped onions until golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 mins. Add tomato paste, sauté for 3-4 mins and add mutton pcs. Fry till oil separates. Add 1cup chana dal, coriander and mint leaves, slit green chillies and 1 cup of water.
- Add Zaiqa Dal Gosht Masala, salt and red chilli powder.
- Pressure cook for a whistle and simmer for 7 mins.
- Cool and add 250 gms bottle gourd pieces and cook till done or pressure cook for a whistle and simmer until cooked. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Suggestions – after bottle gourd (dudhi) is cooked, add 2 tbsp tamarind pulp and 2-3 tbsp coconut paste and simmer for 5 mins.