- 1 cup – channa dal
- 1/3 cup – tuvar dal
- 1/3 cup – moong dal
- ½ onion (sliced) and 1 tomato (chopped) – for dals
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder or according to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil or ghee
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 2 green chillies (slit)
- 2 dry red chillies
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp zeera (cumin)
- 1 tbsp Zaiqa Dal Fry masala
- ½ tbsp Kashmiri red chilli pwd
- ½ tsp turmeric pwd
- Salt to taste
- Soak and boil the three dals along with sliced onions, tomatoes, Kashmiri chilli pwd, Zaiqa Dal Fry Masala and turmeric pwd.
- Cool and mash – let it be a little granular.
- Heat oil, add zeera and mustard seeds; let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and sliced onions, and fry till golden brown.
- Add green chillies, whole dried red chillies, ¼ tsp pinch of Zaiqa Dal Fry Masala – this is an important step – and salt to taste. Sizzle for few seconds and pour over the cooked dal mixture.
- Serve hot.