Dhaba Chicken Masala
Variations – paneer / mixed vegetables / chicken /potatoes
- 4-5 tbsp cooking oil/butter
- ½ kg chicken
1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup curd
- 2 green capsicums
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp Zaiqa Dhaba Masala
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 4 green chillies (slit)
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add cumin seeds and cook for a minute. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté. After a minute, add the chicken and cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add yogurt, Zaiqa Dhaba Karahi Masala and salt to taste. Add coarsely chopped tomatoes as well. Sauté well for 5-7 mins on low flame after which add slit green chilles.
- When the gravy thickens, add a cup of water. Bring to a boil and turn the flame down. Close the pan and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes or till the chicken becomes tender.
- Add diced capsicum (slightly sautéed) to the gravy and sprinkle garam masala. Close the lid and cook on low flame for five minutes to let the flavor and aroma of capsicum spread in the gravy and chicken.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.