Variation – prawns
- 3 – 4 tbsp oil
- ½ kg fish
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 tomatoes (pureed )
- 2 tbsp Zaiqa Fish Curry Masala
- Salt to taste
- A sprig of curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 3 tbsp coconut paste or 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat oil in a mud vessel (tastes best in mud pot or use any regular pan at home); add black mustard seeds and few curry leaves fry for a minute.
- Add onions, sauté well for 5 mins and then add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Add tomato puree, Zaiqa Fish Curry Masala and salt. Mix well and simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Add tamarind pulp and 3 tbsp coconut paste; simmer for 1-2 boils and raw add fish pieces.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 mins and serve hot with steamed rice.