Recipe 1 – Kabab-e-Akbari – (Anjeer Kabab with Pista Crunch)
- 500 gms chicken (boneless, cut into pieces)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 80-100 gms dried figs (soaked and ground to paste)
- 30 gms pista (finely sliced)
- 1 egg white
- 2-3 tbsp Zaiqa Kabab Masala
- 1 -2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- Mix chicken cubes with ginger-garlic paste for 30 mins along with salt & vinegar or lemon juice.
- Add fig paste, Zaiqa Kabab Masala, red chilli powder and garam masala powder to the previously marinated chicken.
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours.
- Skewer the pieces, brush with egg white and coat with pista (this requires some patience!).
- Pan fry or cook in an OTG for 20-25 mins. Baste with butter while grilling.