Kadai Paneer Fry
- 4 tablespoons oil and 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp zeera
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 one-inch pieces ginger
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ tsp Zaiqa Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Zaiqa Kadai Jalfrazie Masala
- ½ tsp kasoori methi
- 200 gms paneer cubes
- 2 green capsicums (medium sized and diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Grind together garlic, green chillies and half the ginger. Cut the rest of the ginger into thin strips (julienne). Dice onion and capsicums and toss over heat, in oil, for 4-5 mins and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan; add zeera and the chopped onion; sauté till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic-green chillies paste and sauté for a minute. Add Zaiqa Kadai Jalfrazie Masala, garam masala and kasoori methi. Add tomato puree and salt; sauté for 5 mins.
- Add paneer cubes and fry for 2-3 mins. Add capsicums, onions and tomatoes, and stir-fry. Cook covered on low heat till done, sprinkling a little water if necessary. Add an additional 1 tsp red chilli pwd for extra heat.
- Toss well and serve hot garnished with ginger julliennes and coriander leaves.