Lazeez Pepper Mutton Masala
Variation – chicken /paneer /mushrooms
- 500 gms mutton pcs or mutton chops (tastes best)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste (25 gms)
- 1 cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 200 gms onions paste (ground to a paste and dry sautéed until 2-3 tbsp paste remains)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Marinate mutton with curd, ginger-garlic paste and salt for 4 hours.
- In a pressure pan add 4 tbsp oil, 2-3 tbsp onions paste and fry for 6-7 mins; add marinated mutton, salt and a little water. Sauté for 5 mins, add water and pressure cook for a whistle and then simmer for 7 mins.
- Rest it until it cools and add 2-3 tsp Zaiqa Pepper Masala. Sauté for at least 5 -7 mins on sim, add 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp ghee and simmer for 5 mins. Can serve as it is for a dry masala dish.
For Semi gravy
- Follow above till # 3. Additionally, add 2-3 tomatoes (chopped) and fry for at least 10 mins after adding Zaiqa Lazeez Pepper Masala.
Recipe 2 – Fiery Peppery Chicken Gravy
- Marinate chicken (500 gms) with curd (1/4 cup), 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp coriander powder and 2 tbsp Zaiqa Lazeez Pepper Powder for 2 hrs.
- Stir fry the chicken and cook on sim till 3/4th done (approx. 15-20 mins). Add water if required.
- Heat oil in pan, add curry leaves, ½ cup small onions (shallots) and fry till brown.
- Add an extra tbsp of Zaiqa pepper masala, 1 tsp soya sauce and 2 tbsp tomato sauce; stir for a few mins and add cooked chicken.
- Fry till masala coats the chicken well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.