Palak Paneer (spinach and cottage cheese gravy)
- 500 gms spinach (palak)
- 200 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1.5 tbsp Zaiqa Palak Paneer Masala
- ½ cup milk
- 2 green chillies
- Salt as needed
- Cook spinach in water; simmer as soon as the water starts boiling and add ½ cup of milk. This is to give the curry a mild sweet flavour. Cool and grind to a paste.
- Heat oil in a wok, lightly fry the paneer cubes and keep aside. Now in the same oil add chopped ginger and garlic and fry till golden.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till they turn pink and translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and fry everything till the tomatoes turn pulpy and are cooked (approx. 7 minutes).
- Now add Zaiqa Palak Paneer Masala and fry all the ingredients for a few more minutes or till the oil starts separating. Pour in the spinach puree and add salt to taste; mix well and add water if required (depending on consistency wanted).
- Simmer for a couple of minutes. Finally, add fried paneer cubes and a tbsp of mayonnaise. This enhances taste and colour of the spinach puree.
- Serve hot with naan or tandoori roti.