- 500 gms boneless mutton pieces (with 50 gms fat added )
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Zaiqa Seekh Kabab Masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cashew powder
- 1 cheese cube grated (optional)
- Pinch of kesari colour (optional)
- 1 egg for binding
- Fry onions and green chillies in 1 tsp oil for 4-5 mins. Cool and grind along with the rest of the ingredients and the bonesless mutton.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Skewer them on bamboo sticks and grill for 20 mins in OTG or pan fry them with little oil or barbeque basting with butter periodically.
Tip 1 – usually the fat in the mutton helps the seekh to stick to the skewer; however, if you feel it requires more binding, then add a little egg to the marinated mixture.
Tip 2 – one of the main reasons for kababs to fall off the skewer is the water content in the mince; it is advised to wash the meat chunks prior to mincing the meat; because, washing the minced meat will increase the moisture content and will require very delicate handling.