- 500gm mutton on the bone (cut into pieces)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 onions – finely sliced (deep fried)
- 5 tbsp ginger paste
- 5 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 tsp Zaiqa Shahi Qorma Masala
- 200g curd (whipped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp kewra water (optional)
- Oil to deep fry onions (1 cup approx.)
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the onions in it till golden brown – take care to not let the onions turn too dark, else the korma will be slightly bitter. Drain the onions and cool. Once cooled, crush them finely (do not grind).
- In a handi, add ghee and a little oil (if required), add ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Add the mutton pieces and roast on high heat till nicely seared and golden.
- Now, add Zaiqa Shahi Qorma Masala, fried & crushed onions and whipped curd; stir well and add salt to taste. Cook covered on simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add a little water – if you need more gravy. Taste and adjust salt if required.
- Simmer for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to mature and meld.
- Sprinkle a little garam masala & kewra water in the end. Saffron can also be used.
Optional – Peel 2-3 potatoes and soak in turmeric water for sometime (5-10 mins). Drain the water and deep fry potatoes. The turmeric gives the potatoes a lovely golden hue. Add the deep-fried potatoes to the gravy in the last 15 mins of simmer.