- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 Onion – medium chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage – chopped
- 1 Carrot – diced
- 1 Capsicum – diced
- 1/2 cup Peas – fresh or frozen
- 1 Potato – medium diced
- 1 Tomato – large chopped
- 2 Green chili – slit
- 1/2 tsp each of Ginger and Garlic
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 2 tsp Salt – as needed
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 100 gms Paneer / Cottage cheese – cut into cubes
- Fresh Coriander – for garnish
- Take two cups of left over rice and break lumps with your hands and keep aside. If you don’t have left over rice, then you may cook it fresh and spread it on a large tray to avoud getting sticking to each other.
- Heat butter in a wok/ kadhai/ pan and fry the paneer cubes till light golden in color.Transfer them to a kitchen towel and keep aside. In the same butter add minced ginger and garlic and fry.
- Now add chopped onions and green chilies and saute them till they turn translucent and the raw smell goes off. Add tomatoes, carrots, capsicum, peas, cabbage and potatoes and along with turmeric powder, red chili powder and Zaiqa pav bhaji masala and fry all together for 2 mins. Adjust salt and add the cooked rice & lemon juice and mix all carefully to avoid rice from sticking or breaking.
- Keep shuffling the rice till the masala gets incorporated with it evenly. Add chopped coriander and fried paneer chunks into it and give everything a quick toss. Serve hot with salad and onion raita!
Recipe Source at: https://www.spoonforkandfood.com/paneer-tawa-pulao-recipe