- 500 gms mixed vegetables (potato wedges, lady’s finger – slit into halves, brinjal – cut lengthwise into four, bitter gourd – optional (peeled, deseeded and soaked in salt water for 5 mins to remove bitterness))
- 100 gms paneer (cubed and fried) – optional
- 2 medium onions plus ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 large tomatoes (pureed)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 3 pods garlic (chopped)
- 5 tbsp Zaiqa Tawa Sabzi Masala
- 4 – 6 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 green chilli (chopped)
- Salt – as needed
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry all the vegetables separately; or pressure cook for 1 whistle, sprinkle a little Tawa Sabzi Masala and keep aside.
Note – please don’t overcook vegetables.
Heat oil, add cumin seeds and when they start to sputter add in ginger and garlic. Sauté for a minute and stir in chopped onions, fry for 4-5 mins; add tomato puree and cook until done.
- Add cream and simmer. Stir in the Zaiqa Tawa Sabzi Masala and mix everything well. Keep aside.
- Heat a griddle or tawa, add ghee and add ½ cup chopped onions, 1 chopped green chilli and fry on high for few mins; add cooked tomato gravy and toss in all the cooked vegetables and paneer (adding a little water if required).
- Mix everything well, add crushed kasoori methi and sprinkle a little more Zaiqa Tawa Sabzi Masala.
- Garnish with coriander and add salt to taste. Serve hot.