- 500gm mutton on the bone (cut into pieces)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 onions – finely sliced (deep fried)
- 1.5 tbsp ginger paste
- 1.5 tbsp garlic paste
- 6-7 green chilli paste
- 3 tsp Zaiqa White Qorma Masala
- 200g curd (whipped)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry onions (2 cup approx.)
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the onions in it till golden brown – take care to not let the onions turn too dark, else the korma will be slightly bitter. Drain the onions and cool. Once cooled, crush them finely (do not grind).
- In a handi, add ghee and a little oil (if required), add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and fry well.
- Add the mutton pieces, salt and roast on high heat till nicely seared and golden.
- Now add Zaiqa White Qorma Masala, fried & crushed onions and whipped curd, potatoes (optional); stir well and add salt to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add a little water – if you need more gravy. Taste and adjust salt if required.
- Simmer for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to mature and meld.
- Sprinkle a little garam masala, lemon juice in the end.
- Optional – Peel 2-3 potatoes, fry or boil and add to the gravy in the step 4.
Alternatively – Southern Style White Qorma, fresh coconut paste is added at step 4.