Chettinadu Mutton Masala
Variations - chicken/egg/mixed vegetables
§ 3-4 tbsp oil
§ 2 onions (ground to paste)
§ 2 tomatoes (ground to paste)
§ 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
§ 500 gms mutton (or chicken or egg or
§ ½ tsp Turmeric powder
§ 2-3 tbsp Zaiqa Chettinadu Masala
§ Salt to taste
§ 2-3 tbsp coconut paste
§ A few sprigs of curry leaves
§ 3-4 dry red chillies
§ Handful of finely sliced shallots (small
1. Heat oil, add curry leaves and onion paste. Fry till golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste; fry till oil separates.
3. Add mutton pieces, turmeric powder and salt to taste, and sauté for 5 mins. Add a cup of water and pressure cook for one whistle; simmer and cook for another for
seven minutes (if using chicken, reduce the cooking time to 10 mins and 5-10
mins for vegetables).
4. Once all the pressure is released, add 2-3 tbsp of Zaiqa Chettinadu Masala along with 2-3 tbsp of coconut paste. Simmer for 5 mins.
5. Finally, temper with red chilies, small onions and few sprigs of curry leaves.
Tip - We advise the use of local tomatoes and not
Bangalore ones as local tomatoes have less colour and are sour by nature.