Shahi Veg Biryani - Perfect Blend to enhance flavors of Vegetables
Ingredients - Red Chilli, Dhania, Haldi, Cumin, Saunf, Black Pepper, Zeera, Mace, Bay leaf, Star-anise, Cardamon, Shah Zeera and Black Salt
Vegetable Biryani Masala
· 150 gms oil
· Whole garam masala (1 cloves, 1
cardamoms and 1 cinnamon sticks)
· 5 large onions (sliced)
· 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
· 750 gms mixed vegetables (beans,
carrot, cauliflower, peas and potato) sautéed for 3-5 mins in 2 tbsp butter or ghee)
· 4 - 5 tomatoes (ground to coarse paste)
· 5 green chillies (ground along with the tomatoes)
· 1 handful coriander and mint leaves
· ½ cup Curd
· 1 tsp turmeric powder
· 4 tbsp Zaiqa Vegetable Biryani Masala
· Salt to taste
· 750 gms Basmati rice (soaked for 30 minutes)
1. Heat oil, add whole garam masala, fry
onions till golden brown (7 mins), add
ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few mins.
2. Add mixed vegetables and sauté for 5 mins
on medium flame. Add tomatoes & green
chillies (that have been ground to coarse paste), coriander and mint leaves. Sauté for about 5 mins.
3. Add turmeric powder, curd, Zaiqa Veg Biryani Masala and salt to taste, and sauté for 3-4 mins.
4. Separately par-boil rice till ¾ done, Strain well and keep aside
5. Layer the half-cooked rice over veg gravy, cover with lid and simmer (dum) for 10 mins.
Heat enough water to boil rice, add rice
only after water is hot. Add the garam
masala (1 clove, 1 cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon stick, ½ tsp shah zeera)
and cook till ¾ done. Drain immediately and use as required.